Novi Community School DistrictNew Student Enrollment Information
Welcome to the Novi Community School District
We are so happy you are joining us and we can’t wait to meet you. Your child is about to begin an exciting educational adventure! The Novi Community School District strives for all our students to be well rounded critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, respectful, have a global perspective, and explorers of their communities. Our parents, staff, and the community are partners in the educational success of our students and hold the District to high standards for each and every student to achieve their personal best. As always, our website is a great resource to learn additional information.
What is Pre-Enrollment?The online Pre-Enrollment process is designed as the first step in the journey to your student's educational career in the Novi Community School District. Completing the Pre-Enrollment process gathers basic student information. Once all student information is collected during Pre-Enrollment, you will be required to visit the Novi Community School District Central Enrollment Office to complete the enrollment process by providing appropriate documentation.
Completing the Online Pre-Enrollment Application does NOT enroll your student!
- Parent/Guardian completes the MISTAR pre-enrollment process. The link for MI-STAR pre-enrollment can be found on the Novi Community School District website (www.novi.k12.mi.us) under Why Novi, Enrollment.
- Once the pre-enrollment has been completed online, the Central Enrollment Department will contact the parent/guardian to complete the enrollment process.
- All the required documents (see below), are uploaded during the online pre-enrollment.
- Parents/Guardians of students in grades 7-12 will be directed to set up a meeting with a counselor to schedule classes. A current transcript and/or report card is also required for secondary students in order to schedule classes.
The following information MUST BE UPLOADED by the parent/guardian at the time of pre-enrollment.
- Identification - Photo I.D., such as a driver's license, state I.D., or passport of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian. Driver's license or state I.D. must show the current address.
- Proof of Residency – Three (3) current proofs, one from Column I, and two from Column II, in the name and address of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian. If you receive your statements/bills online, you must print your most recent statement/bill and bring the printed copy with you to your appointment.
one (1) required
two (2) required
Mortgage Document Utility Bill - Gas, electric, phone, etc Property Tax Statement - (most recent) Automobile, homeowners/renters insurance document Closing Papers
Accepted only if you've moved into your house with the past 30 days
Bank Statement or Credit Card Statement Accepted Purchase Agreement
Signed by all parties with closing date indicated
Medical bill or health insurance statement Lease - Apartment/Home Rental
All tenants and occupant's names, including lease beginning/ending dates,
must be on lease. Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant.
Cable TV Bill
- Birth Certificate - Student's original certified birth certificate with a raised seal of authenticity, as required by law. A birth certificate from the hospital signed by the physician is not acceptable.
- Immunization Records - Must be legible and in English.
- Vision Screening (Kindergarten Only)
- Not a United States Citizen - Must present passport of parent/legal guardian as well as passport of the student.
- Proof of Guardianship - If the student is not living with either parent, proof of full guardianship from the Probate Court must be submitted.
- Custody Documents - A court document showing custody must be provided for any student living with only one biological parent under a court decree. A parent who wishes to have the school limit access to a child by a former spouse must provide legal documentation confirming the restriction. The school cannot and will not deny a natural parent access to his/her child without the proper legal documentation on file.
- IEP - If a student is receiving special education services, please bring a copy of current IEP or 504 plan.
The following issues must be addressed: