Thank you for you interest in enrolling your child at Faxon Academy. We are excited to begin the process for becoming a partner in your child's education. Listed below are the requirements for enrolling at Faxon Academy.
All Children must be five (5) years old by September 1st of the current school year to enroll in public school kindergarten. Students born between September 2nd and December 1st of the current school year who wish to apply must submit a Kindergarten Waiver Form with the application for enrollment.
All incoming kindergarten applicants must complete a vision and hearing screening prior to the first day of school, either with a personal physician or through a community health department. Oakland County Health Center can be reached at 248-424-7070 to make an appointment.
What is Pre-Enrollment?The online Pre-Enrollment process is designed as the first step in the journey to your child's education at Faxon Academy. Completing the Pre-Enrollment process gathers basic student information. Once all student information is collected during Pre-Enrollment, school personnel will contact you to complete the enrollment process. If you have questions regarding the enrollment process, please call the academy at 248-301-9909.
Completing the Online Pre-Enrollment Application does not enroll your student.
The following items must be submitted with the completed Enrollment Application:
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE - A clear copy of a birth certificate must be submitted with the application.
- IMMUNIZATION RECORD - Required for all students, as well as a health appraisal to be completed by the student's physician.
On December 11, 2014, an administrative rule was passed by Michigan Department of Community Health requiring any parent/guardian wanting to waive vaccine/vaccines for nonmedical reasons to receive vaccine education from their local health department. This rule applies to children entering childcare, kindergarten, and 7th grade or newly enrolled in the school district after January 1, 2015. You must contact your local health department if you wish to submit a vaccine waiver for your child.
- AFFIRMATION OF PRIOR DISCIPLINE FORM - This form is required for all applicants who have been enrolled in a previous school district (1st - 8th grade applicants).
- MOST RECENT REPORT CARD
- IEP - All applicants receiving special services, e.g., speech, resource services, etc., must submit a copy of the IEP with the application for enrollment.
- LEGAL IDENTIFICATION - The Academy must maintain a copy of the parent's or legal guardian's driver's license, state ID, utility bill with the current address or a rental lease. This document will be utilized to verify the student's home address.
The following issues must be addressed: